Use of Entities in the cross-lfs book

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Jun 21 12:42:25 PDT 2005

SBU's are going to be invalid up to chapter 9, chapter 9 will be the
first chapter that we could provide SBU information.

My plan for packages.ent was something simliar to what archaic was
suggesting

<!-- Package 1 -->
<!ENTITY package-version "2.59">
<!ENTITY package-size "2.3 MB">
<!ENTITY package-url "http://url/to/package/official/download"
<!ENTITY package-buildsize "81 MB">
<!ENTITY package-time "0.3 SBU">

The one thing I'm not sure on is if the SBU's will be the same on the
different architectures, as far as the build size goes, it should be the
same except for one package which is gcc, since we have a 32bit ABI
build, 32/64 ABI build, and 32/n32/64 ABI build.

But these are things I'm trying to find out at this time. I have a
script that I have been working on that will calculate the build disk
usage. So far they are all within a few K of each other, but I need
others to validate the findings, once I feel the scripts are working
properly.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org