Test suite failure notes on the Wiki

Shane Shields shane.shields at erkunttarim.com.tr
Fri Jun 17 00:12:02 PDT 2005

Shane Shields wrote:

> Archaic wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:13:19PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>

>>> The bottom paragraph of section 4.6 in LFS-Testing points to the LFS
>>> Wiki for information about failed tests. Is there perhaps an updated
>>> URL that could more directly point to this information? I cannot really
>>> find anything.
>>>

>> I'm going to BZ this so it doesn't get lost.
>>
>> People, we need to start adding our 2cents worth in these discussions.
>> It really helps.
>>

> <lurk mode=off/>
> I personally think that the whole page of instructions should be
> included. The reasoning is that if the build is going to be scripted,
> even on a small package by package basis. The time taken by all the
> instructions is significant. Put another way if someone uses the SBU's
> to estimate a total build time for a complete system and that total
> time is inaccurate to an order of three because some time consuming
> instructions are not included they could be inclined to disregard them
> and use their own timing system. New builders could also ask "why did
> the SBU's state it took xxx minutes but mine took yyy hours is there
> something wrong" type questions adding to the lists bandwidth and
> losing the time (and patience) of the people who are trying to solve
> real problems :)
> <lurk mode=on/>

Oops sorry!!! wrong thread :(

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.