Test suite failure notes on the Wiki

Shane Shields shane.shields at erkunttarim.com.tr
Thu Jun 16 23:59:34 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:13:19PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>

>>The bottom paragraph of section 4.6 in LFS-Testing points to the LFS
>>Wiki for information about failed tests. Is there perhaps an updated
>>URL that could more directly point to this information? I cannot really
>>find anything.
>>

>I'm going to BZ this so it doesn't get lost.
>
>People, we need to start adding our 2cents worth in these discussions.
>It really helps.

<lurk mode=off/>
I personally think that the whole page of instructions should be
included. The reasoning is that if the build is going to be scripted,
even on a small package by package basis. The time taken by all the
instructions is significant. Put another way if someone uses the SBU's
to estimate a total build time for a complete system and that total time
is inaccurate to an order of three because some time consuming
instructions are not included they could be inclined to disregard them
and use their own timing system. New builders could also ask "why did
the SBU's state it took xxx minutes but mine took yyy hours is there
something wrong" type questions adding to the lists bandwidth and losing
the time (and patience) of the people who are trying to solve real
problems :)
<lurk mode=on/>

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.