Cross-LFS build method

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Thu Jun 16 22:42:54 PDT 2005

Here is what I think

1 - Continue to get the current method of the cross-lfs book worked out,
let's get the it out to the masses. Let's not waste all the time we have
invested to get cross-lfs working. We have a lot of new things going on
in this new build process and supporting more architectures we know the
current method works on x86, MIPS, PPC, and sparc.

2 - Take the time to look at sysroot and destdir to make sure all of the
core packages support it properly, and let's get some other testers
besides the development team involved.

I would love to use the sysroot and destdir stuff, I know for a fact
that the bootloaders are going to be our biggest issue on the sysroot
and destdir stuff. (I have already looked into this, and was told to
hold off until we get the current cross-lfs out)