Cross-LFS build method

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 16 14:34:09 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:19:14PM +0200, M.Canales.es wrote:
>
>>In that case, that is the most common one, to create cross-tools is acceptable
>>a maybe needed for purity and isolation from the host system. But to have to
>>cross-compile the full final system look excessive.
>

> I strongly agree with the excessive part.

Yes, me too. I hadn't thought of that before. But I wonder if there's a
way to set the instructions for the final system such that they would
work both if you were cross-compiling or if you were natively compiling.

But then, if you're natively compiling without a chroot I suppose you
lose some of the purity, eh?

--
JH