Cross-LFS build method

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 16 14:19:14 PDT 2005

El Jueves, 16 de Junio de 2005 23:05, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

> One drawback is that we'd be cross-compiling every package (which we
> don't currently do) and some would need to be hacked a bit to get that
> to work. However, it can be done, and it has been done.

Another big drawback  (at least to me) is that you don't need to cross-compile
anything if your host machine arch = target machine arch.

In that case, that is the most common one, to create cross-tools is acceptable
a maybe needed for purity and isolation from the host system. But to have to
cross-compile the full final system look excessive.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia