SBU calculations

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 16 13:30:31 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 08:32:56PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Well, personally I measure them using the following simple rule:
>
> 1. Start timing immediately after the tarball has been unpacked.
> 2. Don't time the running of any testsuite commands.
> 3. Stop timing immediately after 'make install' has completed.
>
> This applies for all packages, including pass 1 of binutils in chapter

I beg to differ.

Both glibc pages have time consuming post-make install commands.
Both llh pages have no make install.
util-linux in chapter 5 doesn't have a make install.
perl in chapter 5 doesn't have a make install.
zlib has 2 make installs.
mktemp has 2 make installs.
texinfo has 2 make installs.
e2fsprogs has 2 make installs.
hotplug has no make install.

That's 11 pages that might lead to confusion.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs