GCC Testsuite

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 14 12:31:14 PDT 2005

Hi all,

It is my understanding that the full GCC-3.4.x tarballs no longer
include the test suite. This is a separate tarball. Now that the
LFS-6.1-Testing instructions have removed any mention of downloading
or unpacking the test suite tarball, how is anybody that is new to
the project going to know to do this?

We say it is critical to run the tests, but we don't mention
downloading or unpacking the test suite tarball. Seems this is a
sure-fire way to increase the support load. :-)

If I'm mistaken, and the GCC-3.4.x full tarballs *do* contain the
test suite, then I send my apologies and would someone hit me over
the head with a cluebat so I can go and modify the BLFS instructions
to remove the mention about the test suite tarball.

--
Randy

14:27:01 up 73 days, 14:00, 2 users, load average: 0.52, 0.72, 0.47