UTF-8 in LFS. New console script by Alexander E. Patrakov

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Jun 14 08:17:43 PDT 2005

Pasha Zubkov wrote:
> Alexander, thanks for your console script. I think we need extend
> command that applies to all consoles. Here is example, it's not use
> console config file, but show idea.
>
> openvt -f -w -c ${TTY#tty} -- \
> 	/bin/sh -c "kbd_mode -u && \
> 		echo -n -e '\033%G' && \
> 		setfont LatArCyrHeb-16"
>
> Without executing setfont in all consoles by console script we got only
> first console to work properly. And need execute setfont in another
> consoles by hand. So, I guess this all-consoles-command must be extended
> by setfont.

Confirmed the bug for framebuffer console. However, executing setfont in
that statement actually hurts on plain old text console. So I have to
detect the framefuffer console somehow. Is the presence of the
/sys/class/graphics/fb0 directory (or /dev/fb0 device) a good-enough
test for this?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov