GCC 4.x

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:30:00 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:43:57AM +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:
>
>>I don't think we have the manpower to maintain two mainstream LFS books.
>

> Agreed, but even then the cross book is much more than one book. If
> cross doesn't stabilize shortly after 6.1, then I see no reason to not
> release a 6.2. Sure there won't be much hurrah about it, but it will be
> a new version taken straight off trunk.

I agree with you on this.  I think there must be a release every
two-three months to maintain 'visibility', if nothing else - but it's
good practice to do a 'clean ship' for a release regularly.

> As far as help with the new stuff, we definitely need testers who own
> ppc, ppc64, sparc, mips, and x86_64. As I have time I'm poking along the
> ppc stuff with jhuntwork (who is also working on sparc), while Jim works
> on mips. Then of course there is Ryan who is always working on all of
> them (lucky dog). ;) So yes, man power is short.

I wish I could help with the exotic arches too.  I only have x86
(Pentium MMX and Athlon XP), but I do try to build the book(s) regularly
on these.  I only report problems though.

R.