GCC 4.x

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 14 01:16:34 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:43:57AM +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:

> I don't think we have the manpower to maintain two mainstream LFS books.

Agreed, but even then the cross book is much more than one book. If
cross doesn't stabilize shortly after 6.1, then I see no reason to not
release a 6.2. Sure there won't be much hurrah about it, but it will be
a new version taken straight off trunk.

As far as help with the new stuff, we definitely need testers who own
ppc, ppc64, sparc, mips, and x86_64. As I have time I'm poking along the
ppc stuff with jhuntwork (who is also working on sparc), while Jim works
on mips. Then of course there is Ryan who is always working on all of
them (lucky dog). ;) So yes, man power is short.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs