GCC 4.x

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Jun 13 18:44:44 PDT 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

>Matt, Jeremy, and LFS-Dev,
>
> What are you feelings on cross-lfs moving to GCC 4.x?
>
> Or do you want to continue the testing with 3.4.4, then after
>that's
>completly stablized, then move to
> GCC 4.x?
>
> I've looked at what Ryan has done, not to many things to
>change.

My suggestion
for current cross-lfs - gcc-3.4.4 and glibc 2.3.5
(tested and known to work across all our target arches)

Create a gcc4 branch by all means, but it is probably better waiting
for the next glibc release to consider it 'bookworthy'.

If using gcc4 probably better to be using CVS pulls of glibc
(where gcc4 issues are fixed, and we have nptl for sparc64 and mips)

Just my $0.02
 Regards
[R]