LFS in a rut?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 13 16:09:31 PDT 2005

TheOldFellow wrote:
> I think the problem is that we have not RELEASED anything.  We are too
> cautious - release and be damned! (or at least be flooded with support
> issues).  I think that if Gerard were still alive there might be some
> more movement on that, but it's hard to do it by concensus - it needs a
> dictator.  I never knew any software project that worked without a
> strong hand at the helm.  We need a Release Manager - do it like GCC.

Matt, I'd have to say I agree here. I know there might be some things
that have been brought up for 6.1 release that have slipped our notice
(some textual changes, etc.) but I think we'd do better to scour
throught the ml and bugzilla one last time, make whatever changes we
find we need and release by this weekend at the latest.  It's not going
to be perfect (probably ever...) and a release now might help keep
interest alive.

Also, I realize you've pretty much had work on 6.1 all to yourself (the
rest of us have been busy in other things, cross-lfs, other projects,
etc.) so sorry for that, but if you decide to go ahead and release
within the week, I'll drop whatever else I'm doing and help get changes
done to make a release happen.

--
JH