LFS in a rut?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 13 11:18:08 PDT 2005

Hey Everyone,

I was just reviewing some of the pages on the current website, and
sadly, much of it is outdated. I came across this page, which I don't
recall ever reading before, and I got a bit of a chuckle out of it:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/organization.html

This (and what follows) especially caught my eye, "In the third quarter
of 2003, various community members identified problem symptoms in the
"Linux From Scratch" project. The symptoms included lack of recent
substantial progress, text and commands "out of sync" for an extended
period, loss of enthusiasm by project members, loss of personnel
resources, end-user involvement reduced, some user code/text
contributions lost, apparent lack of planning, uncertainty as to what
the project product is."

Especially after editing up a new acknowledgements page (and seeing the
few names that are left associated with LFS) it feels like we might be
right back there again.

Any opinions on this?

--
JH