LFS 6.1 Release?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 10 10:12:17 PDT 2005

Thomas Reitelbach wrote:

> I don't see any development or discussion about 6.1 anymore on the lists, so
> what is blocking the release?
>
> Maybe there is a good reason, so i thought i could simply ask... ;-)

Well, whether it's good or not I don't know but I'll give you the reason
anyway.  Basically, I've been absolutely swamped with stuff going on at
home, so haven't had time to finish the last few things off to get the
book in a releasable state.

I think the main job that needs doing is to update the build sizes and
SBU data from emails that Bruce Dubbs and Ken Moffatt sent a while back.
  Additionally, anyone who has sent typos/grammar/spelling corrections
should resend them if at all possible, as I've lost track of what has
and hasn't been fixed (that's what happens when I/we don't get things
into bugzilla in a timely manner!).

I don't think the book will be ready for this weekend (unless someone
gets patches posted a.s.a.p.).  I'll be away next weekend (a 26 mile "3
Peak" walk in aid of Heart Research UK).  So, the release is still a
while away methinks.

Cheers,

Matt.