relocation of the sources

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 8 11:10:14 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> I suggest:
>
> The reason for this is that the programs in /tools are no longer needed.
> Since they are no longer needed you can delete the /tools directory if
> so desired or tar it up and keep it to build another final system.

Look good to me.

> I suggest:
>
> Removing /tools will also remove the temporary copies of Tcl, Expect,
> and DejaGNU which were used for running the toolchain tests. If you need
> these programs later on, they will need to be recompiled and
> re-installed. The BLFS book has instructions for this (see
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/).

Again, looks good.

> Apart from this line of thinking, another thought was why does the book
> suggest this at all? Is this something that should be left as an
> exercise to the reader instead of something that a new reader will
> blindly follow (and they most likely will blindly follow)? That is why I
> added "if so desired", "If you wish", and "wherever you choose".

Right, like Tushar and Andrew said I don't think we should be giving
advice/suggestions on such trivial matters as this.  Let's just get rid
of the entire paragraph.

I think all of these are suitable for the 6.1 branch too, so feel free
to merge to that branch when you're ready.

Cheers,

Matt.