relocation of the sources

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 7 21:55:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:39:59PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Is there any way you can perhaps make a short paragraph of what
> you are suggesting? I read your original email earlier today, but
> it was simply too much to think about. I got lost.

Basically rewording nearly an entire page due to the fact that it is
both hand-holding and confusing at the same time. The reason I call it
hand-holding is that even a *suggestion* in the book (without any other
counter-suggestions) will lead a newbie to follow a certain path instead
of forcing a choice.

Then, Manuel and Sash also commented on moving the page to a different
location, which also seems quite plausible and possibly more logical.

> So, I just went back and tried again. No luck. Perhaps I am too
> tired. I threw over 600 pitches this evening (I coach youth
> baseball this time of year), and am simply beat.

Yeah, 600 pitches would tire a person out, I'm sure. That's like a
sextuplet-header (and probably with less rest between pitches). ;)

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs