relocation of the sources

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 7 21:30:48 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:08:10PM -0500, sash at dalriada.com wrote:

> My suggestion is to leave that part completely out of chapter 6 and put
> it in as an appendix to the book.  It is extremely confusing after you
> do that and then go to chapter 7.

Did you read my changes? If so please re-reply to my original email and
comment on what was confusing. (And this time please only quote the
relevant parts you are replying to, not the whole email.)

As for where in the book it should be... It would be nice to add the
text to the end of the book just before rebooting, but the fact is that
at the end of building chapter 6, all system programs are installed and
any attempt to chroot back in after exiting should be done with the new
chroot command. And contextually, the paragraph about not needing /tools
flows right into removing /tools, so it all fits. However, I don't see
that any harm would be done by building the kernel while using
/tools/bin/bash versus /bin/bash so perhaps the point is moot and the
whole page should move.

Suggestions? Comments? Feedback is requested, please.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs