LiveCD glibc test error during LFS build

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Jun 5 03:47:20 PDT 2005

Kronuz MB wrote:
> Hello, I'm using lfslivecd-x86-6.1-1-pre3.iso and the latest LFS from
> SVN and I got an error from the glibc tests (tst-cancel16: "Timed out:
> killed the child process"). Patrakov suggested I should use "mount -t
> tmpfs tmpfs /tmp" before compiling glibc and it worked. I'm just
> reporting this apparently fixed the issue. He said this might be related
> to unionfs.

(that was in Chapter 5 only)

It was indeed a unionfs bug. Worked around in r216 for the Live CD.

To LFS developers: since the latest Knoppix also uses unionfs as a root
filesystem, it may have the same problem in Chapter 5. Cannot test this
with Knoppix right now because of bandwidth issues.

Maybe someone should add this to the list of known Chapter 5 glibc
testsuite failures.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov