[LONG] Commentary and policy text in the UTF-8 patch

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:54:11 PST 2005

On 12/31/05, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 09:07:28PM +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > This script creates a test C program that says "Your glibc installation
> > seems to be OK", links it against all libraries installed by Glibc, and
> > runs it. But it does so before we adjust the specs, thus, this test
> > program really tests Chapter 5 Glibc.
> >

> Is there a way to run it after we've re-adjusted the specs? That might
> work better as a glibc sanity test.

If you want to keep the glibc build and source directories around you
can.  I can't recall the commands now, but I think you can run the
test directly from the top level.  We all know how popular it is to
keep directories around, though.

OTOH, as I wrote in another mail, you can circumvent the need for
adjusted linker and specs by adding -L and -rpath.  We aren't using
what's compiled anyway and it beats the fact that this nice perl
sanity check is being run on the wrong binaries.

--
Dan