[LONG] Commentary and policy text in the UTF-8 patch

Alexander E. Patrakov alexander at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 31 08:07:28 PST 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 06:46:30PM +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>>This completely avoids running the scripts/test-installation.pl script.
>>Would you count this as a cheat or as an acceptable solution? BTW DIY
>

> That would depend on what test-installation.pl is actually trying to do,
> I guess.

This script creates a test C program that says "Your glibc installation
seems to be OK", links it against all libraries installed by Glibc, and
runs it. But it does so before we adjust the specs, thus, this test
program really tests Chapter 5 Glibc.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
Don't mail to patrakov at ums.usu.ru: the server is off until 2006-01-11