Autogen - Testsuite Researching

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 17 11:15:07 PST 2005

Jim Gifford wrote these words on 12/17/05 12:54 CST:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>>I'm wary of adding 2 more packages just to test a tiny portion of GCC.
>>If folks are really bothered about this failure, we can just perform a
>>'sed' (I'd imagine) to prevent the tests from running, with an
>>approporiate explanation in the book
>
> If we are going to run testsuites, we need to run them all. I'm looking
> into installing them into /tools so we can support the tests like we do
> with dejagnu and expect.

As a simple observer of this thread, and one that doesn't care
either way, I think you should install the two packages and run
the test suite and see exactly what it tests, and see if the test
is even relevant before you start discussing if the packages should
be added.

It may be that you install the packages but the tests turn out
to be something trivial.

--
Randy

13:13:00 up 83 days, 22:37, 3 users, load average: 1.25, 1.12, 0.68