texindex causes segmentation faults

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 11 07:45:39 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm seeing a reproduceable issue with the current texinfo/teTeX
combination of LFS/BLFS packages. I don't know where to begin to
look so I'll describe symptoms and see if this rings a bell to
anyone.

I see segmentation faults when using the texi2dvi and texi2pdf
programs. I'm using current LFS SVN (SVN-20051130) with teTeX-3.0.

For a similar error I'm seeing, check out the error message at
the bottom of this page:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-automake/2005-10/msg00004.html

The seg-faults using texindex are reproduceable and consistently
happen when using texi2dvi to format .texi files.

It is the texindex program which is ultimately seg-faulting.

After building LFS using LFS SVN-20050831, I do not see these
segfaults. So, perhaps it is something with the most recent
Glibc/GCC combination of current SVN. The texinfo and teTeX package
versions are the same.

Anyone with any knowledge about this, or if you can confirm this
seg-faulting behavior, please respond to this message.

--
Randy

09:35:00 up 77 days, 18:59, 3 users, load average: 0.11, 0.08, 0.27