Changelog Format

Tushar Teredesai sukucorp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:06:25 PDT 2005

On 8/17/05, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Richard A Downing wrote:
>
> > I prefer a straight forward chronological list of changes without all
> > the sections: Upgraded", "Added" and "Removed".
>
> Proposals generally are better received when they contain rationale (and
> no, "I prefer" doesn't count!) :)

:) I don't like the current format because to see what were the
changes that were say made in the last couple of days, I have to
scroll down a whole list of information that I don't need and that has
probably not changed in the last couple of days.

The major changes between the books is useful for someone who is
trying to find the changes between two stable versions of the book.

> As I am writing this, Tush's email just came through.  Maybe moving this
> information to a "What's New" page would be useful, leaving the far too
> inquisitive reader to peruse the more detailed changelog if they so
> desire.

+1.

--
Tushar Teredesai