[RFC] ALFS implementations

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 9 10:17:19 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I wanted to open this up to the entire community for further comments
(especially for those that may not watch the alfs-discuss list). A
question was brought up on alfs-discuss today that I thought deserves some
attention.

As far as I am aware, historically, ALFS as a project was conceived to
provide access to various implementations of automating the building of
LFS (and possibly extending to BLFS). Of course, now we have one official
implementation and a new official build tool conceptualized. But should
that be the extent of it? Or should ALFS endeavor to host various build
methods/implementations?

If you want to read the thread that sparked this question (only 2 posts so
far):

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/alfs-discuss/2005-August/006908.html

I am anxious to hear the entire LFS community's thoughts, so please, if
you have an opinion about this, speak up.

--
JH