[RFC] On LFS' Package Selection Policy

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 6 04:02:26 PDT 2005

El Sábado, 6 de Agosto de 2005 12:46, Matthew Burgess escribió:

> Err, yeah.  I should have been clearer on which bit of the LSB I was
> referring to here.  I was just looking at using table 15-1 -
> http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.0.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-gener
>ic/command.html#AEN21889 - as a quick guide.

On that table there is, among others, "crontab", "mailx" or "sendmail", that
don't look very appropriate for a base development system.

IMHO, the FHS and POSIX standards can/should be implemented from the beginning
in LFS, but many of the LSB directives are BLFS or hint material.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia