Cross-LFS gcc-3.4.3-posix-1.patch

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 26 07:25:17 PDT 2005

Hi Again,

Wanted to get some opinions about what should be done here. There is a
patch that's applied to gcc in the Cross-LFS book,
gcc-3.4.3-posix-1.patch.  The instructions for the gcc-static build
there, as per LFS history, mention that only the gcc-core tarball is
necessary since we're not testing the compile, nor are we building the
C++ libs.  However, that patch fails to apply with just the core tarball
unpacked. It includes patches to the libjava and libstdc++ dirs.

So. Any ideas on how best to work around this one? Shall we alter the
patch? Or, shall we drop the suggestion to unpack just the core tarball?

--
Jeremy Huntwork