Reboot?

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 26 06:34:25 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:13:09AM -0400, Mike Hernandez wrote:

> As someone who doesn't really know the details of what you're talking
> about, the idea of reboot meaning something other than restarting the
> machine (or init 6, etc)  is definitely something that ought to be
> explained.

What he us saying is that most likely if you are going the route of
booting into the temporary cross-tools build, then you are building for
a different architecture. As such, if I am building for sparc on an x86,
I can't just "reboot". It's more like tar, transfer, untar, boot. Reboot
implies you can actually reboot the machine you just built the
cross-tools on and continue on.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch