Warning: Do not remove the [xxx] build and/or source directories yet...

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Apr 25 03:53:46 PDT 2005

Tony Morgan wrote:
> However, what's missing is a second explicit notice along the lines
> of "Ok - that [xxx] build directory we told you not to remove earlier
> - it's now safe to erase it. We won't be needing that particular
> build of [xxx] anymore".

In Section 5.8, right after the "Note" about skipping the command if you
don't have binutils:

> Now that the adjusted linker is installed, the Binutils build and
> source directories should be removed.

And in Section 5.10, last sentence before the contents section:

> The source directories of both Tcl and Expect can now be removed.

;-)

(You do need to keep the binutils-pass2 directories around until chapter
6.  But the re-adjusting-the-toolchain section also has a sentence
somewhere that says to delete them.)

Maybe these should be made to stand out a bit more, using the "Note"
formatting?