Typos and Phrasing

Peter Ennis peterennis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 17:31:37 PDT 2005

 Linux From Scratch - Version SVN-20050417

2.3. Creating a File System on the Partition

s/but with the newer high-capacity hard disks, the journaling file
systems are becoming increasingly popular./but with newer
high-capacity hard disks, journaling file systems are becoming
increasingly popular./

s/Here we will create an ext2 file system, but build instructions for
other file systems can be found at/We will create an ext2 file
system, however alternative build instructions for other file systems
can be found at/

s/If a swap partition was created, it will need to be initialized as
a swap partition too (also known as formatting, as described above
with mke2fs) by running the following. If you are using an existing
swap partition, there is no need to format it./ ???

What are you telling me here?
It presents confusion (to me) in the use of mke2fs vs mkswap
and I could not think of a s/ / / to replace it. This could
indicate that a rewrite/clarification is in order.

I suggest that:

"If you are using an existing swap partition, there is no need to
format it."

warrants use of the NOTE formatting.