Purity ?

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Apr 22 14:47:39 PDT 2005

Anybody done iterative purity analysis on 6.1 ?  I had a go at my own
variant as part of shaking down my build scripts on i686, but my test
scripts swamped me with detail from the toolchain logs.

 What I did notice is that automake failed one test in the second run
(aclocal7) although it passed them all on the first run.

  My data wasn't helped by using a different kernel EXTRAVERSION
(2.6.11.6 vs 2.6.11.7-k832) which caused size differences in some of the
perl files that hold this as text, and for all I know may have caused
the differences in binary data in the various c++ libraries (or maybe
these always differ from one build to the next?)

Ken