Typos and Phrasing

Tony Morgan snickkers at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 22 03:02:58 PDT 2005

As a self-confessed nobody, I can see the value in all of Peter Ennis's
proposed phrasing changes, except the first.
Peter Ennis wrote:

>Linux From Scratch - Version SVN-20050417
>
> 1.4. Help
>
>s/(see the Section 1.3, “Resources” section of this book)/(see the
>Section 1.3. “Resources” section of this book)/

I find both the original and Peter's change to be poor
grammar/structure. I would suggest one of the following:

s/(see the Section 1.3, “Resources” section of this book)/(see the "Section 1.3. Resources" section of this book)/

s/(see the Section 1.3, “Resources” section of this book)/(see Section 1.3, “Resources”, of this book)/

s/(see the Section 1.3, “Resources” section of this book)/(see Section 1.3 (“Resources”) of this book)/

Again though, don't weigh my suggestion too heavily: I'm a nobody. I haven't installed a LFS system myself yet, and I'm not an english teacher (but english is my first language).