Planning for Cross-LFS/Multi-Architecture 7.x Release

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 18 23:27:28 PDT 2005

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Jim Gifford wrote:
>

>>We are asking Manuel for a way to
>>put a decision at the beginning of the chapter for a choice, if choice a
>>- chroot then display these, if choice b - reboot do these. I can work
>>that in with no problems.
>

> I really don't care for that approach.  A discussion and presentation of
> both approaches in a single book is much more useful to a user. For
> instance, we do that in BLFS's qt section.
>
>   -- Bruce

Yes, but that would not be good with LFS's linear approach.  You make
one choice towards the end of say chapter 5, either continue on for the
second portion of chapter 5 or chroot and skip to chapter 6.  Doing it
linear would leave the chroot group clicking through a buch of useless
pages.

-- DJ Lucas