Planning for Cross-LFS/Multi-Architecture 7.x Release

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Apr 18 15:46:00 PDT 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

> We will no longer be doing a chroot, since we are going to be booting
> into a working Linux with enough tools to build what we need, this could
> be a plus for those who want a more minimal system and an easy way to
> get rid of the tools directory.

I have a major problem with this approach being the only one in the
book.  We are no longer able to build a system remotely.  When we
brought up anduin, we had (and still have) no physical access to the
system.  Under the methodology you are proposing, this will no longer be
possible.

I don't have a problem with putting this technology into the book, but
removing substantial functionality is a mistake.

  -- Bruce