Planning for Cross-LFS/Multi-Architecture 7.x Release

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Apr 18 14:35:54 PDT 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:
>    2 - No Web Browser
>          You will no long be able to view web pages for the LFS BOOK.
> You will have a local copy or we
>          can add into the directions to download a text copy of the book.

Could we add Lynx to the end of the chapter right before the reboot?
The user wouldn't have a network set up, so they'd still have to have a
local copy of the book, but at least it'd be more or less HTML, rather
than just plain text.  Though maybe the "lynx -dump" that we run through
to get the plain-text book is good enough, I don't know.

For copy-and-paste, perhaps we could add gpm.

Anyway, just a couple of ideas.