gcc-4.0 branch created

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 18 06:25:57 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 10:29:22AM -0700, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> But, how is someone who wants to use this branch to do so when the other
> packages are perhaps 2 or 3 months behind?  That's my concern - if the
> other parts of the GCC 4.0 book are not kept up to date, then noone's
> going to want to build from that gcc 4.0 branch.

This is a development branch. If someone has to read it like a book to
get a system built from it, then they have absolutely no business even
attempting it. At this stage I would imagine you have your own system
for building LFS that doesn't include manually entering commands at the
commandline. If that is so, then keep non-gcc4 changes up to date with
trunk if you so desire, and then modify the rest for gcc4. Then at the
point of merge your buildsystem will be the same as trunk minus your own
personal mods.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch