2 potentially 6.1 related questions

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 17 04:43:27 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> BTW I think someone (maybe myself, but that would be slow) should investigate
> the way distros build grep. Gentoo applies just too many patches so one can't
> seriously consider the "grep" package trouble-free.

FWIW, activity on grep appears to have restarted.  Redhat looks like
they're keen on getting patches applied upstream now
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grep/2005-04/index.html).  We've
lived with `grep' in its current state for long enough, I'll hold off
changing instructions or adding patches to it for now.

Regards,

Matt.