Ready for gcc-4 & cleaning up binutils source delete or not.

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 16 16:51:55 PDT 2005

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> But there's still the lengthy community decision process to deal with
> before it makes it into rendered XML.  That was the whole crux of the
> Unstable branch of LFS, so those of us who were interested in playing
> with that stuff could do so easily.  Now that's gone :(  And the simple
> fact is, GCC 4.0 is not quite yet ready for integration into the LFS
> book - it probably won't be until 4.0.3 or thereabouts.

Um. No... there's still the trunk branch and it's moving in the same
sorts of directions 'Unstable' in the three-tier mode was moving -
regular package upgrades and all.  In fact, I'd say that now there's
more opportunity for testing and 'playing' as you mentioned, because now
we're free to make branches of trunk to experiement with all sorts of
things.

--
Jeremy H.