Ready for gcc-4 & cleaning up binutils source delete or not.

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat Apr 16 14:39:05 PDT 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> TheOldFellow wrote:
>
>> However it's the LFS new technology gestation period that gets me down.
>>      And I only have i686 boxes :-(
>

> This isn't meant to sound as harsh as it's going to.  But, if you
> don't like the length of time it takes to get new technology into LFS
> then post *patches* to the XML book sources, not scripts :)

But there's still the lengthy community decision process to deal with
before it makes it into rendered XML.  That was the whole crux of the
Unstable branch of LFS, so those of us who were interested in playing
with that stuff could do so easily.  Now that's gone :(  And the simple
fact is, GCC 4.0 is not quite yet ready for integration into the LFS
book - it probably won't be until 4.0.3 or thereabouts.

-J-