Ready for gcc-4 & cleaning up binutils source delete or not.

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:00:40 PDT 2005

Andrew Fyfe wrote:
> If your going to reference Greg's work at least include a link to the
> full documentation (http://www.diy-linux.org/x86-reference-build/), it
> includes comments explaining the reasons for the various choices Greg
> has made for doing things certain ways. He also has a page on the web
> site (http://www.diy-linux.org/gcc4.html) which outlines what needs to
> be done to use gcc4 and the current issues regrading the use of gcc4.
>
> From
> Andrew Fyfe

Fair comment.  My earlier posts in LFS-Support in reply to an OP who was
interested in gcc-4 had the links in.  But thanks for repeating them.
I'm attempting to stimulate some interest in moving LFS forwards.

I thing Greg's work deserves close examination - on more than the gcc-4
front.  And it does work.

Another good way to find out the reasoning behind his choices is to look
at the diy-linux-dev archives - very educational.

R.

P.S. s/your/you're/  if you mean 'you are' and not the posessive particle.