Ready for gcc-4 & cleaning up binutils source delete or not.

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 16 10:55:57 PDT 2005

Joel Miller wrote:
> TheOldFellow wrote:
> <snipage>
> A bit of a disclaimer before I try to pick apart this script a little.

Personally, I think you've looked at the script at far too low a level.
  The book will continue to advocate not setting CFLAGS, or any other
such environment changes unless it is *absolutely necessary* for a
package to build/test correctly...having said that, even then I'd much
rather submit a bug report upstream in that case.  Relying on the
behaviour of a particular optimisation setting is a very dangerous game
to be getting into, IMNSHO.

Once I'm done with the remaining 6.1 issues I'll set up a branch for
this so we can get this dealt with.  I still don't think there's any
particular rush though, seeing as though they've still got an RC2 to
release, then the real release, and getting upstream devs aware of their
respective patches.

Regards,

Matt.