LFS server future replacement info

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Apr 7 19:40:40 PDT 2005

On 19-Mar-05 14:50, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On March 18, 2005 03:37 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>> traceroute and ping results for the following two IP addresses:
>>  current server: 216.171.238.83
>>  new server: 72.29.236.37

Here's a set of fairly interesting results.  The first set from work--a
pretty busy T1--only one hop less but a definite latency improvement.
The second set from home--quiet aDSL 384k/3M PPPoE.  Quite a bit fewer
hops, but about the same to slightly worse latency.  I'd say it's a winner.

Cheers,

~Jason