6.1 release branch, /etc/profile locale specification

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 4 06:46:20 PDT 2005

Oh I do love doing it a fully manual build, and having to read the text
instead of just skimming it to look for changes ;)  The text for setting
/etc/profile in chapter 7 includes an appropriate example for me,
"en_GB.iso8859-1" but locale -a shows this as "en_GB.iso88591"

Is this a bug, or is the '-' permitted ?  `man setlocale' implies the
character set should be specified as ISO-8859-1 and refers me to
locale(1) which doesn't exist on the new system (`man locale' gives me a
posix man page from the 1p section which is somewhat less than
informative).

Confused of Brighton