6.1 release branch

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Apr 3 13:26:39 PDT 2005

Good grief, I'm replying to myself a lot today!

Anyway, I just saw what I think is a typo in section 7.4 (in the intro):

> Device nodes do not require much disk space, so the memory that is
> used in negligable.

That should have an 's/ in / is /' done to it, I think.

Also, I missed this in 7.4.2 the first time around:

> When a new device connection is detected by the kernel, the kernel
> will generate a hotplug event and look at the file
> /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug to find out the userspace program that
> handles the device's connection. The udev initscript registered udev
> as this handler.

It actually registers udevsend as the handler, not udev.  udevsend
serializes events and then passes them to udev, IIRC.  Maybe make the
end of the last sentence look like:

> registered udevsend (which runs udev) as this handler.

instead?