6.1 release branch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 3 00:24:39 PST 2005

Greg Schafer wrote:

 > Last time it was a question of attribution. LFS has a
 > poor record of crediting contributions.

Well, FWIW I always try and note the bug reporter and fix-provider in
the ChangeLog, and will here as well, of course.  If I've previously
missed anything then I apologise and request that anyone feeling
agrieved by such an omission contact the list so as due credit can be given.

> Just look at the list of past
> editors who were removed from the Acknowledgments section of recent LFS
> releases.

Yes, and who removed them and why?  What Gerard did was done during the
time the book was going to the publishers, who were obviously concerned
with page counts.

> Yes, kudos to Gerard for trying to rectify the problem.

Right, we all make mistakes, and we all try to fix them when they're
pointed out to us.  Nothing new here.

Regards,

Matt.