6.1 release branch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 2 10:48:39 PST 2005

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>

>>So that's why I never saw it.  I simply don't have the time or resources
>>to do a full rebuild every time a package gets upgraded.
>>

>  Hmm, now I've seen your comment that you hadn't built it all.

On the contrary, my comment said that I *did* build e2fsprogs-1.37 and
*did* run 'make check' on it.  My build environment was such that the
bug wasn't triggered though.

> OK, the
> branch is for testing, let's carry on and beat the $%&* out of it ;)

Yep, I'm slowly getting through a build as well.

>  Looking ahead, I hope we're not going to spread ourselves too thinly as
> we spread out into multi-arch and perhaps gcc-4.

gcc-4 shouldn't pose too many problems - it's just a package upgrade
albeit with slightly wider effects than most other upgrades.  multi-arch
and cross-lfs will pose more of a problem with regard to testing on
those hosts and targets, but that is up to those with such hardware to
deal with IMNSHO.

Regards,

Matt.