6.1 release branch

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 1 18:04:21 PST 2005

Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> The idea is that in roughly 2 weeks we'll release 6.1.  So, can
>> everyone please hammer this one to death and report all problems to
>> this list and preferably also to bugzilla so we can keep track of
>> them.
>

> Two issues I've seen so far:
>
> 1) The URL for less may not be right.  Less-382 is not available at
> http://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/download.html -- I Googled and
> found it at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/less/ instead.

Archaic pointed out to me on IRC that less-382 *is* actually on the
greenwoodsoftware.com site, it's just not listed on the download page.
This link should work:

http://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/less-382.tar.gz

But it does raise the question in my mind at least, about which link
should be included.  Gnu.org in my experience is easy to navigate,
consistent, fast and reliable.

What do you all think?  I've got the book ready to change if it's deemed
that gnu.org is the better link.

--
Jeremy Huntwork