6.1 release branch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 1 10:22:43 PST 2005

Folks,

I've just created the 6.1 release branch.  For the incredibly impatient
you can pull it from svn.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS/branches/6.1.  Until
then, you'll have to wait until I render the book and post a link to it :)

The idea is that in roughly 2 weeks we'll release 6.1.  So, can everyone
please hammer this one to death and report all problems to this list and
preferably also to bugzilla so we can keep track of them.

Editors: Please *do not* commit to this branch unless:

a) It's an obvious typo/spelling mistake
b) It fixes a problem reported against the 6.1 branch either on the
mailing lists or bugzilla
c) The fix has already been applied to trunk/, and therefore the fix is
just an 'svn merge' of the exact same change back onto this branch.

Regards,

Matt.

PS: SBUs, disk usage and package tarball size reports would be most
welcome, from anyone with the necessary scripts to record them.  I think
the upgraded packages should be pretty accurate, but I've not done a
full system build with them yet, so I don't think all stats are up-to-date.