GCC 3.3.3 testresults

Jon Ringle jon.ringle at comdial.com
Sun Feb 29 18:49:48 PST 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 05:25 pm, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Jon Ringle wrote:
> > >
> > >  In a word, no.  I thought I could put some cout << " in filename" <<
> > > endl; stuff into the libstdc++ tests to find out where it was hanging,
> > > and all I managed to do was get messages that the test (i.e.
> > > compilation) had failed.
> >
> > make sure the libstdc++ test file you are modifying has:
> > #include <iostream>
> >
> > and be explicit with the std:: namespace:
> > std::cout << " in filename" << std::endl;
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Jon
>
>  Been there, did that after looking at some of the other tests, still
> failed.  By that time I'd read the README in the linstdc++-v3 testsuite
> and was able to get it to identify where it was failing.  Note that
> running under expect is fairly nasty for trying to work out what is
> wrong, it swallows all of the stdout and stderr messages.

I've started playing around with dejagnu and expect to add a testsuite to a
project at work. Look for where runtest is run from the Makefile, and add an
option --debug to it. This should produce a file called dbg.log (probably in
the testsuite directory) that should have all the output preserved.

Jon