Manuel -- additional stylesheet changes requires

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Mon Aug 30 11:08:43 PDT 2004

On 8/30/2004 13:47, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> If they do...well, they get a free English grammar lesson out of it as
> well as learning how to build a Linux system. :)

Personally I always break this silly grammar rule whenever the content
within the quotes is: an interface label, console screen output, or
anything that must be input verbatim.

I follow the rule when quoting something that someone said.

It might be enough to include a note near the start of the book with
other typeface conventions that explains.  In fact, it might be a good
idea to put a note about it if you do follow the rule because I think a
great many people, even people that use English natively, do not know
about this somewhat esoteric grammar.

Cheers,

~Jason